The revered sage Shri Amrit Nath Ji incarnated in this country for the good of the people.During his infancy, childhood and adulthood he performed many extraordinary and divine deeds. At the age of 36 years he left home & became an ascetic.He committed himself to be a disciple of Shri Champanath Ji in the order of the Natha sect. After becoming a disciple he roamed in the states of Rajasthan, Haryana & Punjab for 26 years mostly alone.
During this period he performed an intense research in the yogic way; and introduced Sahaj Yoga, the practical and easy way for all and sundry.His views about food, culture and lifestyle are a unique contribution to this world.His teachings and penances were revolutionary, free, tried and extraordinary.
After roaming for 26 years he vowed, "I have till now showed no consideration for the comfort or discomfort of the body. From now onwards I would give full rest to the body. The necessary jobs, too, would be discharged in lying posture. The experiences and the knowledge gained during travels would be bestowed upon the people. The inexhaustible treasure would be squandered on them without reservation.
The doors would be thrown open for the masses coming to the hermitage. The faithful masses would have their wishes fulfilled." Having taken this vow he lay on the soft sand and he spent the remaining four years on the same seat, till he took Samadhi in the year 1916 AD. During travels the sage used to discourage people from gathering around him.
But now at the time of resting he removed these restrictions.Only during the last four years when he remained confined to his seat, an estimated 45,000 got cured from their physical & mental ailments and many were shown the path for the spiritual upliftment.
Included among these were childless women blessed with children, poor relieved of their destitution, people on the verge of dying, blessed with second lease of life and people inclined towards self-realisation shown easy path to achieve their goal.He was a perfect celibate, perfect & accomplished yogi, extremely benevolent, solely selfless, impartial and flawless epitome of forgiveness and equanimity.
- 1. He was born with the legs appearing first; he did not suck the breasts of his mother for three days. At birth he was smiling.
- 2. He was a perfect celibate, perfect & accomplished yogi, extremely benevolent, solely selfless, impartial and flawless epitome of forgiveness and equanimity.
- 3. Dream of Shri Chetam Ram, his father that his son would be an extraordinary soul.
- 4. He covered the distance of 23 Kosas on foot and arrived at the destination before the camels could reach, when he was merely 3 years old.
- 5. He imparted lessons to the family members and playmates on the sense of detachment.
- 6. Led a life of rigorous celibacy.
- 7. He pierced his ear with his own hands.
- 8. Stayed under open sky in torrential rains, piercing cold and in scorching heat and made others also, follow suit, observed strict silence for months.
- 9. Roamed alone for 20 years, never begged and remained homeless.
- 10. Consumed 6 Kgs hingloo, singi mohra, and 4 Kgs of arsenic in a course of a few days. Drank monds of urine of cow and ate up neem leaves. Sat on the burning fire for many days and drank boiling water for days together.
- 11. Consumed mounds of milk, mounds of buttermilk, Rabri, mounds of water of watermelon, purified butter and honey, everyday.
- 12. Cured innumerable sick persons, who were on the verge of dying, with ordinary things of everyday use and took over their diseases on himself.
- 13. He observed fast for months and did not take food or water in the period. Roamed day and night and covered 52 Kosas daily. He took meals only once a day during this period.
- 14. Restored the hands and feet of Pangala Nath Baba who was wholly handicapped, since birth.
- 15. He pardoned the wrong doers.
- 16. He imparted knowledge about food and drinks and life-style on a revolutionary line to thousands of people and brought about a change in their lives.
- 17. Relieved many persons of possible financial losses, many, who were issueless, were blessed with children and they felt fulfilled. He redeemed many sinners from their sinful lives and brought them back to the life of virtue.
- 18. He instructed many deserving souls regarding the practical ways of self-realisation and established them firmly in the state of emancipation while being alive.
- 19. He observed fast for months and did not take food or water in the period. Roamed day and night and covered 52 Kosas daily. He took meals only once a day during this period. He revealed the true principles of the ancient tradition of the sages regarding the goal of self-realisation; he imparted easy, straight, simple and practical method of the self-realisation.
- 20. He remained away and above the considerations of caste, social status, honour and dishonour, rancour and affection, greed and amassment of the wealth. He was an example of perfect detachment. He embodied in himself the qualities of compassion, fearlessness and generous benevolence.
- 21. He was clairvoyant and gave true education regarding mat.
- 22. He could show himself at two places simultaneously. He had conquered sleep, sensuality and was above all imbroglios of worldly life. A ruler donated a whole village and he refused it. Then he gave an account of his quality of remaining above the binding greed. As a saint he had conquerred attachment and greed.
- 23. He could cause rain instantly, transform saline water into fresh potable water and butter milk into whole milk.
The above account shows without doubt that he was an extra ordinary sage of divine powers at his command.